Jayashree is currently a PhD student in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, National University of Singapore who holds M Tech. in Remote Sensing from Indian Institute Of Technology, Bombay, India and B.Eng in Civil Engineering from Anna University, India . Her dissertation topic is “Data Driven Modelling and Knowledge Discovery in Water Resources Engineering”. The objective of her research is to define a new modelling scheme that can capture Hydrology system dynamics in the context of increased global climate change and rapid urbanisation. This novel modelling scheme couples hydrological concepts/theories and Genetic Programming based data driven model. Such a scheme is significant to hydrological community as it enables the experts to take full advantage of prior knowledge of the system and the high quality data acquired using the latest technology. This approach contrasts the traditional modelling procedure that involves presumption of model structureand tweaking the model parameters to fit the observed data. In this context, an open source tool for Conceptual Hydrological Modelling using Genetic Programming is being developed using R programming language.
Honours and Awards
- Participated in the three minute thesis competition held by McDonnell International Scholars Academy.
- NUS Research Scholarship, Ministry of Education, Singapore.
- DAAD-IIT Master Sandwich Scholarship
- Selected as one among 60 students for Civil Engineering Summer Camp organised by Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur,
- Neyveli Lignite Corporation Employees’ Children Merit Scholarship
- Water Resources and Environmental Modelling
- Urban hydrology
- Flexible Modelling Frameworks
- Stochastic Modelling
- Data Mining
- Machine Learning MultiObjective Optimization
- Evolutionary Computation
- Genetic Programming
- Dynamical System Identification