Dr. Lagudu holds a master’s degree in Hydrology and a Ph.D in “Coastal hydrochemical characteristics and groundwater dynamics in the Central Godavari delta” from Andhra University, Visakhapatnam and from the National Geophysical Research Institute (NGRI), Hyderabad-India.
He has worked at NGRI as a hydrogeologist on groundwater exploration, recharge estimation, groundwater flow and solute transport modelling. He also worked at the International Water Management Institute (IWMI), Hyderabad on assessment of climate change and demand related pressures on basin hydrology.
He focuses on understanding the spatial patterns and temporal dynamics of exchange fluxes between surface waters and groundwater and its effects on solute transport (e.g. river-groundwater, lake-groundwater or wetland/seawater-groundwater) on scales ranging from regional to catchment scales.
Honours and Awards
- Young Hydrologist Award – 2013, Association of Hydrologist of India (AHI)
- -Young Scientist Award -2014 in Earth Science Discipline, Andhra Pradesh Academy of Sciences
- -Australian Center for International Agriculture Research (ACIAR) Travel grant for attending International River Basin Management Conference at Canberra, Australia in 2014
- -Expert committee member (Ministry of Environment and Forests, India) for Andhra Pradesh Coastal Protection and Development.
- Water Resources
- Coastal hydrology
- Near shore process
- Integrated surface water-groundwater modeling